- Circular cake mold, the one I use is about 23cm diameter and 4.5cm high
- Mixing bowl
- Cooking scale (to measure ingredients)
- 150g fridge-cold unsalted butter
- 150g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 400g all-purpose / wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- 11g baking powder (for the one I buy that's 1 bag)
- ~150g of fruit jam of your liking (I never properly measured it, it needs to cover one surface of the mold)
- Something for oiling the cake mold (I use peanut oil)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (note: I have a fan-assisted oven, I don't know how a non-fan-assisted oven changes things).
- In the bowl, put flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Mix them a bit.
- Cut the fridge-cold butter into small squares and add them to the bowl.
- Add the eggs.
- Thoroughly mix everything. The mixture should look homogenous and have a chunky texture.
- Oil up the cake mold.
- Pour rouhgly half the mixture in the cake mold. It should entirely cover the mold's bottom.
- Spread fruit jam all over the mixture in the mold (my notes say "melt jam" but it's not marked as validated, will have to try).
- Cover the jam with the rest of the mixture from the bowl.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes (note: again, fan-assisted oven).
- Remove from oven and let it cool.