Chocolate cake recipe from my mom. It's the main one she uses and the one I use when I make cake for my friends who prefer dark chocolate (I hate dark chocolate).
Back to cooking index.
Back to main page.
- Cake mold, the one I use is about 26cm x 12cm x 8cm (high) and it's more than enough
- Mixing bowl
- Cooking scale (to measure ingredients)
- Pan + cooktop (to melt chocolate, but could probably substitute if needed)
- 200g baking chocolate (milk or dark)
- 120g unsalted butter
- 160g white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 70g all-purpose / wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- Something for oiling the cake mold (I use peanut oil)
- Preheat oven to 150°C (note: I have a fan-assisted oven, I don't know how a non-fan-assisted oven changes things).
- In the pan, put chocolate and butter.
- Put the pan on very low heat and stir regularly until it's all melted. You can do that in parallel with the rest of the recipe.
- In the bowl, mix the sugar with the cracked eggs until it's all mixed up.
- Add the flour and salt, fully mix.
- Add the melted chocolate + butter from step 3, fully mix.
- Oil up the cake mold.
- Pour mixture in the oiled mold.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes (note: again, fan-assisted oven).
- Remove from oven and let it cool.